DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
the prisms. NOTE: Before this operation, mark the unpolished surface
of the prisms and the adjacent shelf surfaces in such a way that the
original position of each prism can easily be determined.
e. Disassembly of Objective Assembly.
(1) Unscrew the retainer (fig. 13) and remove the sunshade
which slides over the objective cell.
(2) Unscrew the objective cell (fig. 13) from the body tube
(3) Remove the retaining ring from the back of the objective
cell and gently tap out the objective. NOTE: Be sure to hold the cell
over a tissue pad or other soft surface when performing this operation
to prevent damage to the objective. If the objective does not come out
easily, crumple a piece of lens tissue paper into the cell and, with a
piece of lens tissue paper between the thumb and the objective, gently
push out the objective. Clean the lens immediately after removal,
wrap carefully, and lay aside in a safe place until reassembly.
25. ASSEMBLY OF OBSERVATION TELESCOPE M48.
a. To assemble the telescope, reverse the disassembly procedure.
b. To reassemble the focusing mechanism, use the following
- Observation Telescope M48-Prism Housing Assembly
C80855 Partially Disassembled