DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
(2) Carefully wipe all dust and grease from the focusing nut.
Place a light coat of grease on the threaded surface of the focusing nut.
Carefully slide the nut into position. Screw the focusing sleeve into
the focusing nut and replace the locking screw. Check the operation
of the focusing nut. The lateral movement should be smooth for its
entire length of travel.
c. All parts which have been removed from the instrument should
d. After assembly and adjustment, the various parts and mecha-
nisms should be again inspected according to the procedure given in
26. DISASSEMBLY OF OBSERVATION TELESCOPE M49.
a. Disassembly of Eyepiece Assembly.
(1) Unscrew cover cap A317039 (fig. 14).
(2) Remove eyepiece assembly C130787 from prism housing
assembly by unscrewing adapter (fig. 15).
(3) Unscrew stripped eyepiece assembly B180758 (fig. 15) from
focusing sleeve A317071.
(4) Loosen locking screw BCKX3AD and remove focusing sleeve
from threaded sleeve A317068.
(5) Unscrew threaded sleeve from adapter A317070. NOTE:
The threaded sleeve is screwed into the adapter from the front and
is unscrewed by turning in a clockwise direction.
(6) Remove stop ring A317067 from front end of threaded sleeve.
exercising care not to damage threads in doing so.
b. Disassembly of Stripped Eyepiece Assembly.
(1) Unscrew retaining ring A317065 (fig. 16).
(2) Hold eyelens cell slightly above a piece of soft cloth, or
tissue, and tap lightly to remove field lens A317907 and separator
(3) Use same method to remove eyelens A316906, tapping more
vigorously or pushing against eyelens if necessary. Care should be
exercised that the bare fingers or table surface do not touch the lens.
After removal, wrap the lens in a piece of lens tissue paper and store
in a safe place.
c. Disassembly of Housing Assembly.
(1) Unscrew the housing assembly C130788 from the body tube
A317040 and unscrew the eyepiece assembly C130787 from the
housing assembly (fig. 14).