DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
Figure 15-Observation Telescope M49-Focusing Mechanism
With Eyepiece Assembly C130787 Partially Disassembled
(2) Remove the washer A317092 (fig. 17) that serves as a dia-
phragm, by first removing the three screws A317091 that hold it.
(3) Remove screws A317093 and BCFX4AF that hold the prism
shelf assembly C130797 (fig. 17) and remove the shelf assembly.
d. Disassembly of Prism Shelf Assembly.
(1) Make a pencil mark on, or otherwise inscribe, the unpolished
surfaces of the prisms B180726 (fig. 18) and the adjacent surfaces
of the shelf, so that each prism can be returned to its original position
(2) Remove the screws BCFX3BB (fig. 18) that hold the prism
clips A317094 to the shelf. Carefully remove the pads and the prisms
that are held by the clips, taking care not to chip or damage the
e. Disassembly of Objective Assembly.
(1) Unscrew the ring A317042 (fig. 14) from the front end of
the body tube.
(2) Unscrew the objective assembly B180756 (fig. 14) from the
body tube A317040.
(3) Remove the retaining ring A317062 (fig. 19) from the ob-
jective assembly. Place a piece of lens tissue paper on both sides of