M137 TELESCOPE MOUNT
REPAIR PARTS, SPECIAL TOOLS, AND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT
COMMON TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT. Refer to page 2-1.
SPECIAL TOOLS AND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT. Refer to page 2-1.
Section II. INITIAL INSPECTIONS
Inspection is performed primarily to determine the following: (1) Completeness.
(2) The nature of unserviceability.
(3) The work, repair parts, and supplies required to return the materiel to serviceability.
(4) That the work in process is being performed properly.
(5) That completed work complies fully with serviceability standards.
The M137 telescope mount is considered serviceable when:
(1) It is complete and properly performs its intended function.
(2) All modification work orders (MWO's) have been applied.
(3) All defects disclosed by the inspection have been corrected.
DA Form 24085 and DA Form 2409 list applicable MWO's.
Mount must be installed on the howitzer or on cross-leveling fixture to perform inspection.
CATEGORIES OF INSPECTION. Categories of inspection define responsibilities:
a. An initial inspection of the M137 telescope mount is performed immediately on receipt for maintenance. This
inspection will determine the amount and type of work to be performed.
b. A final inspection of the M137 telescope mount is performed after repairs have been completed to ensure that
the item meets serviceability standards.