Figure 5-9. Cell 6650-903-3882 and related parts-exploded view.
(1) Remove threaded protective cover
on high pressure gage; indication
from the valve outlet of the dry
shall not be less than 100 psi.
nitrogen tank (1) and momentarily
Note. If pressure indicated is less than 100 psi, ob-
open the valve to clear foreign mat-
tain and use a replacement tank.
ter from the valve seat.
(6) Slowly rotate valve of pressure regu-
lator clockwise until approximately 5
(2) for cleanliness and proper seal-
psi is registered on the low pres-
ing of gasket. Attach adapter to cy-
sure gage. Check free end of hose
linder valve, and then attach helium
assembly for free flow of nitrogen
pressure regulator (3) to adapter.
for approximately 1/2 minute; then,
(3) Remove cap from the low-pressure
rotate valve of pressure regulator
port of the regulator; connect rub-
fully counterclockwise to stop the
ber hose assembly (4) to low pres-
flow of nitrogen.
sure port of the regulator.
(7) Connect free end of hose assembly
(4) Rotate valve of pressure regulator
to valve of body assembly.
fully counterclockwise to close regu-
(8) Slowly rotate valve of the pressure
regulator clockwise until low pres-
sure gage indicates 5 psi. Allow the
until cylinder pressure is registered