Figure 5-3. Typical setup for purging and charging periscope XM47.
b. Final Test.
(8) Slowly rotate valve of the pressure
regulator clockwise until low pressure gage indicates 5
(1) Rotate valve of pressure regulator fully
psi. Allow the nitrogen to flush the assembly for 5
counterclockwise to stop the flow of nitrogen. Close the
valve of the nitrogen cylinder and remove the hose from
the valve of the charged assembly.
thread plug (8) securely in housing assembly.
(2) Connect hose assembly (5) to dial
(10) Apply a water and soap solution around
indicating pressure gage (6).
optical elements, the valve, the plug and check for leaks.
(11) .Reduce the pressure to 1 psi by slowly
rotating valve of the pressure regulator counterclockwise.
Charge for two minutes.