ORDNANCE MAINTENANCE-OBSERVATION TELESCOPES M48 AND M49
27. ASSEMBLY OF OBSERVATION TELESCOPE M49.
a. To assemble the telescope, reverse the disassembly procedure.
b. All parts which have been removed from the instrument should
After assembly and adjustment, the various parts and mecha-
nisms should be again inspected according to the procedure given in
28. DISASSEMBLY OF TRIPOD M14.
Disassembly of the Cradle Assembly.
(1) Loosen the clamping thumbscrew in the leg assembly and
remove the cradle assembly from the leg assembly (fig. 20).
(2) Unscrew the knurled nut at the base of the cradle with ball
assembly, and separate that assembly from the socket with shaft as-
(3) Should the cork disks A205066 (fig. 21) need replacing, pry
them out with the blade of a small screwdriver or pocketknife. Inas-
much as the disks are likely to break into small pieces during this
procedure, care should be taken to remove all small bits of cork from