5-3. REPAIR PARTS
Repair parts are listed and illustrated in the repair parts and special tools list, appendix D.
Section Il. Inspections
Inspection is performed primarily to determine the following:
(2) The nature of serviceability.
(3) The work repair parts, and supplies required to return the materiel to serviceability.
(4) That the work in process is being performed properly.
(5) That completed work complies fully with
The M117/M117A2 panoramic telescope is considered serviceable when:
(1) It is complete and properly performs its intended function.
(2) All applicable modification work orders (MWO'S) have been applied.
(3) All defects disclosed by the inspection have been corrected.
DA Form 2408-5 and DA Form 2409 list applicable MWO'S.
5-5. CATEGORIES OF INSPECTION
Categories of inspection define responsibilities
An initial inspection is performed immediately on receipt of the M117/M117A2 panoramic telescope for mainten-
nance. This inspection will determine the amount and type of work to be performed or whether the M117/M117A2
panoramic telescope should be sent to depot maintenance.
b. Final inspection and adjustment (ref. para 5-26) are performed after repairs have been completed at general
support maintenance to ensure the item meets serviceability standards.