Section Il. Inspections
Inspection is performed primarily to determine the following
(2) The nature of unserviceability.
(3) The work, repair parts, and supplies required to return the materiel to serviceability.
(4) That the work in process is being performed properly.
(5) That completed work complies fully with serviceability standards.
b. The M145/M145A1 telescope mount is considered serviceable when:
(1) It is complete and properly performs its intended function.
(2) All modification work orders (MWO's) have been applied.
(3) All defects disclosed by the inspection have been corrected.
DA Form 2408-5 and DA Form 2409 list applicable MWO's.
4-5. CATEGORIES OF INSPECTION
Categories of inspection define responsibilities:
An initial inspection (ref. para 4-6 is performed immediately on receipt of the M145/M145A1 telescope mount for
maintenance. This inspection will determine the amount and type of work to be performed or whether the
M145/M145A1 telescope mount should be sent to depot maintenance.
b. A final inspection (ref. para 4-24) of the M145/M145A1 telescope mount is performed after repairs have been
completed at general support maintenance to ensure the item meets serviceability standards.