B-5. SPECIAL INFORMATION (cont).
b. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number
shown in the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock
Number/Part Number Index and the bulk material list in Section II.
B-6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known:
(1) First Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassem-
bly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National
Stock Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence
(see B-4.a.(1)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric se-
quence (see B-4.b.). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the
item you are looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are look-
ing for, then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
. Not applicable.