5. How to Locate Repair Parts
(4) Fourth. Using the repair parts listing, find the figure and
item number noted on the illustration.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional
group within which the item belongs. This is necessary since
illustrations are prepared for functional groups and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(1) First. Using the index of National stock numbers and part
numbers, find the pertinent NSN or part number. This index is
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group
in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in
to which the item belongs.
alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration
figure number and item number.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration and note the
illustration figure and item number of the item.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate
the figure and item number in the repair parts list.
6. Abbreviations (Not applicable)