C1, TM 9-1240-318-35
REPAIR AND OVERHAUL
Section I. GENERAL
authorized parts damaged beyond repair are to be
This chapter contains detailed instructions for the repair
and overhaul of the telescope.
5-3. General Maintenance Procedures
This manual contains exploded-view
Refer to TM 9-254.
illustrations which depict the complete disassembly
of the material. This should not be construed as
authority to disassemble material beyond that
required to perform operations authorized on the
MAC or to replace parts other than those authorized
5-2. Parts Replacement
Refer to TM 9-208-1.
Section II. REPAIR
Replacement of Eyeshield 1240-087-7281, Cap
(3) Check window for loss of coating, chips,
Assembly 1240-087-7282, Eyepiece Cell
cracks, or scratches that would interfere with
Assembly 1240-891-1289, and Gasket 1240-
(4) Inspect the cell assembly for dents or
Note. Item numbers shown below refer to figure
(5) Check exterior optics for loss of coating,
scratches, or digs.
(6) Inspect gasket for breaks, damage, or
(1) Remove eyeshield (1) from telescope.
c. Repair. Remove small chips
or fractures from
(2) Remove cap assembly (2) from objective
window that will interfere with performance by using a
end of telescope. Remove window (2A) from cap (2B).
fine abrasive stone.
(3) Remove screw (3) securing the eyepiece
cell assembly (4) and unscrew cell assembly from
d. Assembly. Install window (2A) in place on cap
(2B) and clean both sides of window thoroughly.
(4) Remove gasket (5) from telescope.
(1) Install gasket (5) in place on telescope.
(1) Inspect the general condition of the
(2) Clean exterior optics and screw the
eyeshield. Check for wear, cuts, tears, or loss of
eyepiece cell assembly (4) in place on telescope.
(3) Eyepiece cell assembly will be secured
(2) Inspect cap for wear, cracks, loss of tension,
and other signs of unserviceability.