to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When Federal stock number or reference number
(1) First. Find the illustration covering the as-
sembly group to which the repair part belongs.
(2) Second. Identify the repair part on the illus-
tration and note the illustration figure and item num-
ber of the repair part.
(3) Third. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find
the group to which the repair part belongs and lo-
cate the illustration figure and item number noted
on the illustration.
b. When Federal stock number or reference num-
ber is known:
7. Federal Supply Codes for Manufacturers.
(1) First. Using the Index of Federal Stock
Numbers and Reference Numbers find the pertinent
Federal stock number or reference number. This
index is in ascending FSN sequence followed by a
list of reference numbers is ascending alpha-nume-
ric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration
figure number and item number.
8. Recommendations for Maintenance Publi-
(2) Second. Using the Repair Part Listing, find
the assembly group of the repair part and the illus-
tration figure number and item number referenced
Report of errors, omissions, and recommendations
in the Index of Federal Stock Numbers and Refer-
for improving this publication by the individual user
is encouraged. Reports should be submitted on DA
Form 2028 (Recommended Changes to DA Publica-
tions) and forwarded direct to The Commanding
Officer, Frankford Arsenal, ATTN: AMSWE-SMF-
W3100, Philadelphia, Pa. 19137.